Have you ever uttered the word “@!*&, I need help. Like…yesterday”?
There are many small businesses that run into technology not working properly, servers malfunctioning, and even email automation just going haywire.
It’s hard work running a business.
I know that when it comes to your sphere of genius you’re brilliant. But when it comes to technology or DIY fixing of problems behind the scenes…well, it can be tough, to say the least.
Much to my disappointment, we’re never experts at all things.
Recently, I’ve been having good weeks. We’ve all had them. The weeks that shine bright and tell you that ‘yes, you are on the right path’. But something inevitably happens that shakes your conviction. Which is why we all need strategies to keep our confidence and take on challenges like the boss business owners that we are.
So, what do you do when things go astray? I mean, it happens to us all. Your social media scheduler stops working, you’re not sure how to edit a page on your website, or you have an influx of customers and you don’t even know where to start.
What to do when you need help right now but can’t find business support?
1. Ask around on Facebook Groups
- Groups help you connect with all types of experts and fab people. You can ask questions, look for support, and build a tribe. Not bad for when you need something right now. If you’ve never thought of online networking before then you’ll want to read my beginners guide to doing it right.
2. Ask your tribe
- If you already have your tribe then reach out and ask them what they know and who they know. Just make sure you’re equally available when they need your support. No one loves a taker.
3. Recentre yourself
- Self-care in business is super duper important. A bit of a breather and space away from your problem can give you
newperspective and great insight into how you react. Here are some of my favourite ideas for self-care and seeing as you’re reading this I’m absolutely certain that they’ll work for you too.
4. Reassess the emergency and problem
- Not everything is as big of an emergency as it sometimes feels. I have a friend who left her market stall products at home. 1-hour away from the stall. Her husband had to go home and get them and she was left for 2 hours to
network. Which, actually, is not the worst thing in the world. A little reflection and opportunity grabbing can help you make the most of a situation.
5. Have a plan so it doesn’t happen next time.
- So this isn’t a solution for the right now, but it is a learning opportunity. Create a plan to connect with someone, retain a consultant, and ensure you have a support system in place for next time. Simply doing that reduces stress by creating a sense of security. If you want a free consultation for business support you can do so by signing up here.
Get resources straight to your inbox
I’m currently launching a new system to ensure that you’re getting the information and help that you need to manage your creative business online. Needing help is common to every single crafty business owner, in fact, it’s not even limited to just this niche. If something isn’t working, or you’re constantly coming up against organization and system errors then fill out my “Ask A Question” form. I’ll write about your question in my monthly newsletter.
Finally, thank you for the awesome support you’ve given me this year.
That’s why I work on having your back, making you feel stress-free and helping you build that business you’ve always wanted. I want you to have fantastic weeks. I want you to feel like your ‘I need help’ chants are answered quickly and perfectly.